Saturday 7 March 2009

Staying in on Friday night isn't so bad? Not with VV Brown it isn't.

Ahhh nothing is more relaxing than a Friday night by yourself. I sat in the kitchen and painted and watched some British Television. Just really wanted a night to not talk to anyone. For awhile I had a music program on and I stumbled upon a new favorite. As soon as she started singing, I stopped everything I was doing, and just stared at the TV. She has this great 50 vibe going on from her pop hair fringe, to her style, and her songs. As soon as she was done performing, I kept waiting and waiting for the announcers to repeat her name, but they never did, so I had to find her via Letssingit.com by typing in her lyrics.

Luckily, I found her. VV Brown is the name. She is a London-based English singer-songwriter/producer, and I can't believe I haven't heard of her yet. She is upcoming and was nominated for BBC's The Sound of 2009 Award. Her album Traveling Like the Light has not been released yet (doesn't come out until May 11th booo), but her two singles Crying Blood (released in late 2008) and Leave (released March 3rd) are able to be purchased on i-tunes.

She did a photoshoot with Vouge magazine in January, and subsequently landed herself into the fashion world (which isn't surprising to me at all, she looks like she's about 5'11" when she's in interviews and on stage and she's different). On the 20th of February 2009 she modeled and performed at the ashish fashion for London fashion week. She has expressed a love for fashion and hopes to one day open a vintage store! She is opening an on-line store and the website is VVVintage.com. In one article she stated, "It's kind of a hobby and even if I only sell two pieces in a year I'll be ecstatic."

Another crazy fact about VV is she Madonna's former backup singer.
She's also about to go on tour with the Ting Ting's and Ladyhawke. I think I found myself a gig to go to.

Check out this article for more reading. VV Brown does the Questionnaire
Check out this video as well.




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsNCFweHYas

No comments:

Post a Comment