Monday 2 March 2009

Hair Grows Even After You're Dead?

Regina Spektor has a song "Ghost of Corporate Future" (which if you don't already know you should totally check). In the song she sings, "Maybe you should just cut your own hair, 'cause that can be so funny. It doesn't cost any money, and it always grows back...hair grows even after you're dead." And she inspired me to cut my own hair. Regigi, you were right, it was funny...looking. It was incredibly uneven, but since I have curly hair and don't really do anything but towel dry and go, I was okay with it.

But I was incredibly lucky and was sent an angel from the Hair Gods because one of my good friends here is actually a funky hairdresser. His name is Stephen "Steve'o" Buller, and not only does he wear cool kicks and resemble a modern day Paul McCartney, he's actually really brilliant at what he does. He's a native of Swansea and has lived here his whole life. He has been involved with numerous shows, one show in particular that struck a cord with me was a local charity fashion show for homeless children. Apart from shows, he used to work for the prestigious Toni & Guy. In the 5 years he worked there he was awarded with 4 certificates. But being the creator that he is, he decided he wanted to venture out and expand his creative boundaries by trying something new. Now, he works at Icon, which is a unique contemporary hair salon constantly aiming for individuality in it's clients. . Steve'o was generous enough to give me a much needed haircut in my very own room! And although it was nerve wrecking being in my room with no mirror in front of me, I trusted him enough because I had seen some of his work (and you can't beat a free haircut. hey hey!). Check out the pictures and let me know what you think. And also while you're at it, check out some of his youtube videos I posted. He really is talented!




































http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXSOcXjDrUs&eurl=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=39097346&feature=player_embedded

1 comment: