Monday 9 March 2009

If you turn off the sun, I'm still gonna shine!

Living in another country teaches you random things you would never think about when you least expect it.

Case in point, yesterday I was on Facebook (surprise) and realized that a comment someone had left me was 5:00 pm, when it was really only 4:00 pm. Then, I looked at my computer's time and it said 17:00, not 16:00. I began to panic, and suddenly realized that it was Daylight Saving's time and that I had lost an hour of sleep the night before. But for whatever reasons I had no idea that it was Daylight Saving's time. No one had mentioned it.
I told my flat-mate that we had daylight Savings time, and I called a friend and told her.
Then, after my flat-mate called his mom to double check we soon realized that Daylight Saving's Time occurs at different times depending on what country you were in. And my computer and facebook was still set at American time...oops.
Below is a map from my trust worthy friend and the number one most reliable source on the internet, Wikipedia!
-the blue denotes places that have DST
-the orange denotes places that used to have DST
-the red denotes places that have never had DST

1 comment:

  1. haha i had much trouble on sunday as well. facebook said 4pm, my cell phone said 3pm and my watch said 2pm. took me a short panic attack to figure out what the hell was going on....

    ReplyDelete